As the sun sets over the beautiful James River and the season changes, join us in celebration of our 25th Anniversary and our Scholarship for Survivors students by toasting together and supporting PAF. Please join us for an elegant evening at the James River Country Club ~ September 18, 2021.
In addition to a mouthwatering dinner, enjoy silent and live auctions, music, dancing, and gathering with friends. Our 20th A Promise of Hope Affair is certain to be a night to be remembered.
All funds raised during this event provide financial support to our Case Management and Scholarship for Survivors programs. PAF’s Case Management programs help patients obtain access to quality healthcare and overcome obstacles to care such as:
- Securing pre-authorizations
- Resolving billing and coding issues
- Facilitating the appeals and denial process
- Coordinating benefits
- Negotiating free drug assistance
- Solving pharmaceutical access issues
- Arbitrating job retention issues to maintain benefits
- Identify coverage options for the uninsured, underinsured, and Medicaid eligible
- Provide secondary educational scholarships to young adults impacted by cancer or chronic illness
Patient Advocate Foundation, was established in 1996 as a national 501(c) 3 organization with a mission of “safeguarding patients through effective mediation assuring access to care, maintenance of employment and preservation of their financial stability.” PAF serves as an active liaison between the patient and their insurer, employer and/or creditors to resolve insurance, job retention, and/or debt crisis matters relative to their diagnosis through case managers, doctors and health care attorneys.