Join us for an evening at the race – Come dressed in your finest or derby attire – Think “We’re Off to the Races”, as we set the stage for a night you won’t forget.
Each year, Patient Advocate Foundation (PAF) hosts a fundraising event, A Promise of Hope Affair. In addition to dinner, there is a silent and live auction with dancing later in the evening. Our 20th Annual A Promise of Hope Affair will be held on Saturday, June 26, 2021, at 6:00 PM, at the Newport News Marriott City Center. This will be a fun-filled evening with an electronic bidding silent auction, dinner and drinks, casino gaming, and dancing… A night to be remembered!
All funds raised during this event provide financial support to our Case Management and Scholarship for Survivors programs. PAF’s Case Management programs help patients obtain access to quality healthcare and overcome obstacles to care such as:
- Securing pre-authorizations
- Resolving billing and coding issues
- Facilitating the appeals and denial process
- Coordinating benefits
- Negotiating free drug assistance
- Solving pharmaceutical access issues
- Arbitrating job retention issues to maintain benefits
- Identify coverage options for the uninsured, underinsured, and Medicaid eligible
- Provide secondary educational scholarships to young adults impacted by cancer or chronic illness
Patient Advocate Foundation, was established in 1996 as a national 501(c) 3 organization with a mission of “safeguarding patients through effective mediation assuring access to care, maintenance of employment and preservation of their financial stability.” PAF serves as an active liaison between the patient and their insurer, employer and/or creditors to resolve insurance, job retention, and/or debt crisis matters relative to their diagnosis through case managers, doctors and health care attorneys.